Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Opinion - Charles Clarke - The Autopoietic Home Secretary

What a splendid morning for politics...

The BBC article is attached below but I think what we have here is a fantastic dichotomy of a personality, nearly at the edge of schitzophrenia.

Yes, I am talking about the Home Secretary. We have got used to him in a series of roles, but 99% of them involved a 'macho-projection' of a strongly positioned person.

When Bertalanffy, Maturana and Varela were talking about autopoiesis and survival of the fittest, they may not have had the Home Secretary on their minds but I think he now provides a splendid example of what one will do to mend one's self (hence being autopoietic) and thereby surviving and holding on to power.

'Me? No? Why resign? Me Wrong? No? When? How? I said I'm sorry. Isn't that enough? After all, rapists, murderers and drug dealers have been off my spot lately. I've been focusing too much on terrorism and ID cards that would make the world a lovely place' -- Εν οίδα, ότι ουδέν είδα (Σωκράτης)

BBC NEWS Politics Clarke rejects resignation calls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home