Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Reith Lectures ~ On the Philosophy of music

As a pianist, I have often wondered about the philosophy of music. It was not until I had to study Philosophy for the LSE PhD programme (thankfully all PhDs of the University of London have to go some sort of process like this) that I realised the immense background that can go into this.

One brisk London morning I logged on to the BBC website, only to uncover a truly fantastic series of lectures which I hadn't seen before.

The so-called, 'Reith Lectures'. The link is posted below.

In this year's lectures, the famous musician and conductor Daniel Barenboim give six fabulous lectures that truly encapsulate a philosophy about and around music that is phenomenal in its simplicity and Mr. Barenboim delivers his messages in pianoforte while taking ample time to absorb the silence before the strike.

BBC - Radio 4 - Reith Lectures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home